- Our skin, nails and hair are part of the body’s 37 trillion cells – nothing is more important than nourishing them with nutrient dense foods. Essential nutrients are required for hair growth, smooth and glowing skin, and strong nails. They help the skin regenerate parts that have been damaged through injury or from sunlight.
- Nail, skin, and hair growth is enhanced with essential nutrients. Your body can’t make nice skin, shiny hair, or hard nails without essential nutrients. The high sugar content many processed foods wreaks havoc with the layers of the skin, leading to skin problems. Your body can’t deal with high sugar levels and at the same time keep the skin glowing and smooth.
- Eating essential nutrients in the diet allows for beneficial changes in hair, skin, and nails to occur right away.
The sun causes oxidative damage and skin problems. Excessive sun exposure wrecks the skin layers affecting inside each skin cell, which leads to accelerated aging and an increased risk of skin cancer. Some essential nutrients can actually help prevent and reverse oxidative damage. These essential nutrients are vitamins A, C, and E, and zinc and selenium. Vitamin C is especially important for collagen formation. Hair vitamins include these antioxidants and all of the others.
The Nutrient Shake contains all of the essential nutrients, including the key antioxidants, and all essential amino acids to support healthy hair, skin, and nails.
- Godic A, Poljšak B, Adamic M, Dahmane R. The Role of Antioxidants in Skin Cancer Prevention and Treatment. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity 2014; 2014:860479. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3984781/?report=classic
- Molnar JA, Underdown MJ, Clark WA. Nutrition and Chronic Wounds. Advances in Wound Care 2014; 3:663-681. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4217039/
Our hair is part of the 37 trillion cells – nothing is more important than nourishing it with nutrient dense foods. The secret to thick, strong, shiny strands isn't an expensive shampoo or fancy salon treatment—it's all about your diet. Eating a variety of nutrient-dense foods will give you the hair growth that you've always dreamed of. Fill up on these nutrients to begin growing your healthiest hair ever (http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20734150,00.html ).
Iron and zinc help hair follicles to grow, so be sure to get them daily. Always take iron with vitamin C to boost absorption. Several studies have found that vitamin D may help activate hair growth. Protein is key to promote cell growth and repair, including hair strands. Protein makes hair stronger so be sure to get 50 grams each day. Omega-3 fats make the hair silky. Finally, get all of the B vitamins, which are essential for hair growth, but include all vitamins for hair growth.
The Nutrient Shake has all of the nutrients shown to promote hair growth, silkiness, and strength. It is rich in essential nutrients like omega-3 fats, iron, zinc, and the hair vitamins C, D, and the B complex. The Nutrient Shake contains 22 grams of protein, putting you well on your way to your goal of 50 grams each day.
Our nails are part of the 37 trillion cells – nothing is more important than nourishing them with nutrient dense foods. Getting great-looking and healthy finger nails starts way before you break out the nail polish. You can improve the way yours look just by eating certain nutrient-rich foods (http://www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty/foods-for-gorgeous-nails ). Healthy finger nails are often an indication of overall health. Since your body sends nutrients to your vital organs first, your nails often are the last to get the good stuff—which means if you're malnourished, it’s going to show up on your fingertips.
Chowing down on foods rich in essential nutrients that nails love can help get them in their best shape. Protein is key to assure that nails are strong. One amino acid, cysteine, is needed to above all for proper nail growth and strength. Take protein along with zinc so that absorption is enhanced.
The B vitamins, especially biotin and folate, have been shown to boost nail growth. Be sure that your diet includes some healthy fats like omega-3s and omega-6s, which promote the absorption of the fat-soluble vitamins, A, E, D, and K – all of which are needed for a healthy body and nail growth. The minerals selenium and copper aid in the production of collagen and can boost nail growth. All of these nutrients lead to healthy fingernails.
The Nutrient Shake is a superb product to support the growth and strength of healthy fingernails. It has adequate protein, and contains the must-have cysteine. With every sip of the Nutrient Shake, you get all of the nail-boosting ingredients at the same time – all the vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 fats.